- 1 15 Best Skateboards for Beginners Review
- 2 Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon 2
- 3 SkateXS Beginner Panda Street Kids Skateboard
- 4 Atom Longboards Atom All-Terrain Longboard
- 5 Merkapa Complete Skateboard for Beginners
- 6 Krown Rookie Complete Skateboard
- 7 Magneto Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- 8 Beleev Skateboard Complete Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard
- 9 Quest QT-NSC44C The Super Cruiser Longboard
- 10 Minority 32-Inch Maple Skateboard
- 11 Retrospec Zed Bamboo Longboard
- 12 Whitefang Skateboards for Beginners
- 13 Punisher Skateboard
- 14 Skitch Complete Skateboard
- 15 Meketek Retro Skateboard for Kids
- 16 Rimable Complete Skateboard
- 17 How to Choose the Best Skateboard for Beginners
- 18 Deck Type
- 19 Deck Material
- 20 Truck Profile
- 21 Bearings
- 22 Video Tutorial: Choosing First Skateboard
- 23 Frequently Asked Questions
- 24 What is the ideal skateboard length for beginners?
- 25 How much are skateboards for beginners?
- 26 What is the Top Skateboard Brand?
- 27 How To Improve at Skateboarding?
- 28 How To Be Protected From Injury?
- 29 Ending Words
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Skateboarding is a fun and exciting sport that can be enjoyed by everybody. Not only does it develop a person’s sense of balance and control, but it also helps them improve their sportsmanship and camaraderie.
To begin learning to ride a skateboard, it’s a given fact that you would need your skateboard. But with all the amazing options out there, I can see why novices are having a hard time choosing their first and the best skateboard.
Being a beginner, there are some factors that you have to consider before making a purchase. Among the initial considerations include the length of the skateboard, the material used for the deck, and the speed by which it can go.
But how would you know if the skateboard you came across is the best for you? That’s where this article comes in handy.
Here, I’ve reviewed 15 of the best skateboards for beginners considering the varying needs of each learner. This will give you an idea of the brands that you can trust and the features that you need for a safe and fun learning journey. I also included an informative buyer’s guide to help you make your decision.
Check Out: Best Gifts For Skateboarding
15 Best Skateboards for Beginners Review
Here is an overview of our top 15 choices for the best skateboard for beginners. More detailed reviews of each are located below.
- Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon 2: Overall Best Skateboard for Beginners
- SkateXS Beginner Panda Street Kids Skateboard: Best for Kids
- Atom Longboards Atom All-Terrain Longboard: Best Skateboard for Freeriding
- Merkapa Complete Skateboard for Beginners: Best Affordable Skateboard for Kids
- Krown Rookie Complete Skateboard: Best Classic Skateboard
- Magneto Mini Cruiser Skateboard Cruiser: Best Mini Cruiser
- Beleev Skateboard Complete Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard: Best First Skateboard
- Quest QT-NSC44C The Super Cruiser Longboard: Best Longboard
- Minority 32-Inch Maple Skateboard: Best Speed
- Retrospec Zed Bamboo Longboard: Best Affordable Longboard
- Whitefang Skateboards for Beginners: Best Value for Money
- Punisher Skateboard: Best Concave Skateboard
- Skitch Complete Skateboard: Best Penny-Style Skateboard
- Meketek Retro Skateboard for Kids: Best Mini Cruiser for Kids
- Rimable Complete Skateboard: Best for Kids
Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon 2
Durability and quality are two of the things I consider when I’m looking for skateboards, and this is especially true if you’re looking for one that’s meant to work for beginners. Fortunately, the Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon 2 skateboard has these qualities.
This skateboard is made of a 7-ply maple wood deck which guarantees durability. Take note that maple wood is also known to resist heat and moisture, so you know that you have one that will last for a good couple of years.
This deck is attached to a metal truck to ensure that it can withstand considerable weights. More importantly, metal trucks are also known to have a better grip on the wheels, and this greatly avoids untoward accidents from happening.
And while we’re on the subject of wheels, the Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon 2 skateboard uses high-quality urethane wheels which offer great grip on the ground. This reduces unnecessary slips, especially for beginners who are still learning to control their skateboard.
Additionally, urethane wheels are great at resisting abrasion, so it will take a while before it needs replacement.
This most popular skateboard has a length of 31.625 inches and a width of 7.5 inches, which makes it an ideal beginner skateboard for adults or children aged 10 and above.
● The combination of materials on this skateboard makes it very durable and safe for beginners.
● Because of the metal truck and urethane wheel combination, the skateboard doesn’t feel stiff, so it offers the right amount of speed for those who are still learning.
● This is one of the cheapest skateboards which use high-quality material. Also, this is one of the best skateboards in the world.
● As of the time of writing, there are no negative reviews of this skateboard.
SkateXS Beginner Panda Street Kids Skateboard
If you’re looking for a more child-friendly skateboard, then I highly recommend the SkateXS Beginner Panda Street Kids Skateboard.
This skateboard has a deck made of bamboo, which is the lightweight alternative to maple wood. This lightweight quality makes it easier for kids to maneuver. Nevertheless, bamboo is also very durable so it can also handle the weight of older children or parents who want to teach the young ones how to ride.
This beginner skateboard uses a combination of neoprene bearings and 90A wheels which are hard enough to withstand heavy loads yet provide a smooth riding experience.
But what I love most about this skateboard is that it stays true to its promise to be kid-friendly. It comes in different colors so kids won’t have a problem in choosing the color they want – they can even choose to have multi-colored wheels.
Parents also love the fact that it has a rough grip tape which guarantees a secure footing for their children.
● This is the best beginner skateboard for children aged five years old and above. Younger children who have displayed a good sense of balance can already use this skateboard.
● The shortest deck has a length of 28 inches and a width of 7 inches, and this is the ideal size for kids to maneuver safely and without any problem.
● It comes in different eye-catching colors that make the experience more fun.
● Bamboo is environment-friendly material, so you know you’re also helping the environment.
● The SkateXS Beginner Panda Street Kids Skateboard costs a little more than other kid-friendly skateboards. But if you consider the quality of the materials used, plus the peace of mind it gives you for your child’s safety, it’s not that much of a burden.
Check out a video.
Atom Longboards Atom All-Terrain Longboard
Some professionals believe that longboards make great practice boards for beginners since their long bodies offer better stability. If you agree with that sentiment, then you should consider the Atom Longboards Atom All-Terrain Longboard.
This longboard has a maple laminate drop deck that offers a low center of gravity for a more balanced cruising, and this makes it ideal for beginners. It also has all-terrain wheels, so you don’t have to worry about what surface you’ll be practicing on – whether it’s the skate park, on the streets, or a dirt road.
Because it is 39 inches in length, this is more ideal for adult beginners. However, because of its durable character, I can say that this is also a suitable skateboard for experienced skateboarders who want to try out longboarding.
It’s also worth noting that the combination of a maple wood deck, high-quality urethane wheels, and aluminum hangers allows it to carry almost any person of any weight. Some users who weigh over 300 pounds claim that they were able to ride this longboard smoothly and with no problem.
● This top-quality longboard is built to last, with a lot of users claiming that they accidentally dropped it several times and it survived without even a single scratch.
● Most users praise that it has all-terrain wheels which can run smoothly on different surfaces
● This board is perfect for those who will practice their cruising on different surfaces.
● This longboard is already a little bit on the pricey side.
● Users who prefer harder wheels may not enjoy the feel of the wheels on this longboard.
Enjoy this Atom video.
Merkapa Complete Skateboard for Beginners
Another child-friendly skateboard is the Merkapa Complete Skateboard for Beginners.
This skateboard has 22-inch decks made of high-quality plastic material that can carry children and teenagers who weigh up to 180 pounds. And to make their experience more fun, Merkapa offers this board in a variety of candy-colored decks for kids to choose from.
It also comes with LED light-up wheels that are powered by the electricity generated from the wheels’ rotary power. Aside from adding an eye-catching touch to your child’s skateboard, it also functions as a safety precaution since it stops lighting up when the wheels are loose. To make it light up again, simply tighten the wheels back in place.
The Merkapa Complete Skateboard uses sturdy polyurethane materials for its wheels, which offers great shock absorption. It is also lightweight, so children won’t have to struggle in trying to navigate this skateboard.
● The Merkapa Complete Skateboard is one of the cheapest skateboards for beginners.
● Because it’s lightweight and easy to maneuver, kids less than five years old can easily learn how to ride using this skateboard.
● Its colorful design and light-up wheels add more fun to the experience.
● It is quite sturdy – some teenagers and adults weighing less than 180 pounds also enjoy using this skateboard.
● Some users note that since it is made of plastic material, the deck tends to bend when used by heavier children and this can affect how they balance on the skateboard.
Watch out this video.
Krown Rookie Complete Skateboard
For teenagers or adults who want to learn how to skate while on a tight budget, then I highly recommend the Krown Rookie Complete Skateboard.
Although available at an affordable price, you’d be surprised to know that this skateboard comes with a maple wood deck, urethane Krown Graphic wheels, and aluminum trucks. These materials show that the brand still had durability and quality in mind.
This skateboard is 31.5 inches in length and 7.5 inches in width, which makes it the perfect skateboard for adult and teenage beginners.
Since the brand has been in the industry for over 20 years, they always make sure that each skateboard they produce meets industry standards to provide users with a great board at an affordable price.
● The Krown Rookie Complete Skateboard is one of the cheapest skateboards fit for adult beginners.
● Users can choose from a variety of designs to make the board more interesting.
● It is made of durable materials.
● Some users note that this skateboard feels rather flat.
● Other users also report that its wheels need more frequent tightening than other skateboards.
Magneto Mini Cruiser Skateboard
If you prefer cruising on the more portable shortboards, then you might want to check out the Magneto Mini Cruiser Skateboard.
From its name, you could easily tell that it’s smaller than your average skateboard. But don’t let its small size fool you – this baby can run smoothly on almost any surface and is built to withstand years of use.
The Magneto Mini Cruiser has a deck that is made of maple wood, and it shows in its simple wooden design. Instead of using a grip tape, the wooden deck already has a sand grit finish, and this adds up to its overall laid-back aesthetic. But aside from being visually pleasing, it also helps you to get a good grip on the board to avoid slips and mishaps.
The brand also boasts using gravity cast aluminum material for its trucks and super high rebound polyurethane for its wheels. These materials offer resistance to abrasion and the ability to withstand heavy loads.
This shortboard has dimensions of 27.5 inches in length, 7.5 inches in width, and a wheelbase of 18.5 inches. This makes it perfect for adults, but it is also short enough to be used comfortably by children above ten years old.
● It is made of high-quality material that guarantees value for money.
● The sand grit finish offers a better and more long-lasting grip for your feet compared to grip tapes.
● Because of its petite size and 6-pound weight, the Magneto Mini Cruiser is highly portable.
● Users agree that the bearings used for this skateboard needs improvement. Everything else, especially the deck, was very durable.
Magneto Video here.
Beleev Skateboard Complete Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard
Another affordable skateboard that’s meant for kids is the Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard from Beleev.
This colorful skateboard is made of sturdy polypropylene material that can withstand weights of up to 220 pounds. Its board has dimensions of 22 inches by 6 inches, which makes it a suitable board for children less than 10 years old. Nevertheless, it also makes for a fun shortboard for older skaters who meet the weight limit.
Its wheels are made of polyurethane, which has a soft feel but is great at shock absorption. This allows your child to enjoy smooth riding even if there are cracks and minor bumps on the track’s surface. The wheels also light up when it rolls, thereby giving retro vibes to this skateboard.
Thanks to its kicktail design, kids can already start learning how to maneuver at a young age. For added safety, the board’s face has a non-slip finish which lasts longer than your average grip tape.
The Beleev Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard only weighs 3.8 pounds, which makes it easy to carry around. And because of its petite dimensions, it can easily fit into your backpack for safekeeping when you’re at school.
● Its shock-absorbent wheels provide safe and smooth riding for kids.
● The anti-slip finish on the board gives your feet a firm grip on the skateboard to avoid mishaps.
● The colorful light-up wheels add a unique retro vibe that’s both appealing and fun.
● As of the time of writing, there are no negative reviews of this skateboard.
Enjoy this kid’s video.
Quest QT-NSC44C The Super Cruiser Longboard
If you’re looking for a longboard that has a more traditional skateboard look, then the Quest QT-NSC44C The Super Cruiser is the one for you.
This innovative longboard from Quest uses a multi-ply combination of bamboo and maple wood for its boards, which allows for flexibility and durability. It is designed to provide smooth cruising while still allowing sufficient maneuvering to get you to places. It’s also meant to withstand different road conditions so you can take it virtually anywhere with you.
This 44-inch longboard gives you enough space for your feet so that you can ride it comfortably. It also offers great balance, so beginners will feel safe while riding this – even teenagers can use this board with ease. But because of its long size, younger children may have a hard time controlling this board.
To support its long size, the board is attached to a 7-inch durable aluminum truck that’s attached to shock-absorbent polyurethane wheels.
● The wooden design gives it a classic skateboard aesthetic that is easy on the eyes.
● This longboard offers great value for money, which makes it a great beginner’s longboard.
● The multi-ply bamboo and maple wood board are very durable.
● The soft polyurethane wheels tend to wear out easily.
● Some users note that the bearings are tightly screwed, so they had to loosen it up a little to improve their riding experience.
Learn more from this video.
Minority 32-Inch Maple Skateboard
For those who love the thrill that comes from a fast skateboard, then look no further than the Minority 32-Inch Maple Skateboard.
With ABEC-9 precision bearings, this skateboard is one of the fastest skateboards in the market today that is best suited for beginners. This is coupled with 102A polyurethane wheels which allows faster movement to guarantee tricks.
This 32-inch skateboard is proudly made of 100% 7-ply maple wood, so it’s stronger than polypropylene boards. This also makes it better for the environment. Additionally, Minority prides itself on making skateboards that passed various maneuverability tests to ensure safety when you’re riding along different curved roads and ramps.
It’s also worth noting that this skateboard has a width of 8 inches, and that’s a little wider than the average-sized skateboard. This gives your feet enough space to keep you comfortable while cruising.
The Minority 32-inch Maple Skateboard gives you several graphic designs to choose from, ranging from vintage to modern to minimalist. This assures you that there’s a perfect skateboard design regardless of the user’s personality.
● Considering that the skateboard is made of 100% maple wood, it is very affordable.
● The dimensions provide enough space for the feet, especially for beginners who are still learning how to balance.
● It offers enough speed that’s best for beginners or experienced users who want to improve their skateboard tricks.
● The grip tape easily wears out.
● It has a weight limit of 220 pounds.
Retrospec Zed Bamboo Longboard
The Retrospec Zed Bamboo Longboard takes on a refreshing take on longboard designs. This skateboard looks like a miniature surfboard that perfectly encapsulates the relaxed California vibe.
This pintail longboard is made of a combination of sustainably sourced bamboo and 8-ply premium maple wood, so you know it’s as tough as they can be. But the lightweight properties of bamboo – coupled with the deck’s surfboard shape – make maneuvering a breeze. This also makes it ideal for laid-back cruising or more advanced carving.
To add to its test of durability, the wheels on this longboard is made of 85A polyurethane material that’s manufactured to have a rock finish. This allows better shock absorption, better ground grip, and a smoother feel.
If you’re worried about board space, you’d be pleased to know that its deck is 44 inches long and has a width of 9.5 inches at its widest points. This gives you a roomy feel so you just have to enjoy the ride, instead of worrying about your foot placement.
● The board offers a variety of tropical-themed designs that’s both easy on the eyes and gives off a chill vibe.
● The deck on this skateboard is made of premium material that guarantees durability.
● It offers great value for money.
● This is best for beginners who take a more laid-back approach to learning since it’s a great board for cruising.
● The board can only take on a weight of up to 220 pounds.
● The positioning of the wheels at the back causes it to hit the board when turning too hard.
Whitefang Skateboards for Beginners
A great beginner skateboard that works for both children and adult learners is the aptly-named Whitefang Skateboards for Beginners.
This skateboard has the standard skateboard dimensions of 31 inches by 7.88 inches, which is not too short to provide enough space for the feet yet not too long to provide adequate maneuvering.
It is also made of 7 layers of premium Canadian maple wood which ensures strength and longevity. In fact, it can support weights of up to 400 pounds.
The double kick concave design of this board makes it easy to navigate with. This is great for teaching your kids how to turn or control the skateboard. For more experienced players, this board is great at helping you learn new tricks.
The face of the board uses customized emery sandpaper which gives your feet a nice grip over the board. This helps you stay in place as you master your maneuvering and tricks.
The Whitefang Skateboard for Beginners come in simple yet modern designs that minimalists would love to have. This makes it attractive enough for children yet still gives off a toned-down vibe for older users.
● This skateboard offers the best value for money.
● The double kick concave design coupled with Whitefang’s customized grip tape gives beginners enough control over the board.
● It can support heavier users since it can withstand loads up to 400 pounds.
● Not advised to use when learning advanced tricks since the board tends to bite the wheels.
I personally believe the Punisher Skateboard is the best beginner skateboard for those who are eager to learn tricks.
Thanks to its double kickboard design with a mild concave deck, beginners can easily maneuver this 6-pound skateboard. For a better navigating experience, this deck is set on top of 5-inch heavy-duty alloy trucks and polyurethane wheels.
You don’t have to worry about its durability, either. This board is made up of a 7-layer Canadian maple wood that’s as sturdy as it gets.
As for the bearings, it uses ABEC-7 bearings which is fast enough for laid-back rides but slow enough to keep learners balanced.
To keep the user in place, this skateboard uses heavy-grit grip tape that promises optimized traction for your feet. Heavy-grit grip tapes make it easy for you to do tricks since it keeps you from slipping off your skateboard.
The dimensions of this Punisher Skateboard is 31.5 inches long and 7.75 inches wide. This is the ideal beginner skateboard measurements for most adults, but would also work for children aged 8 years old and above.
● This skateboard is very affordable.
● The brand’s grip tape offers superior traction compared to other grip tapes.
● The skateboard’s concave shape, coupled with its truck size, allows better manipulation for easy turning and for learning tricks.
● Some users note that the bearings are a bit too slow despite having a rating of ABEC-7.
Skitch Complete Skateboard
For the penny-style category, I really think that the Skitch Complete Skateboard brings home the cake.
This tiny 22-inch skateboard is made of strong plastic material that can support weights of up to 200 pounds. Because of this, it can be a good beginner board for children since it gives them enough space for their feet. Although, adults who prefer penny-style boards would also find this skateboard suitable for their cruising needs.
But perhaps the biggest takeaway of the Skitch Complete Skateboard is that it is highly customizable. It comes with a skate tool that helps you to adjust the configuration of your skateboard to suit your riding style. With this, you can adjust the bearings to slow it down or make it faster. You can also adjust the trucks for a better cruising experience.
Because of its highly customizable nature, you can use beginner configuration first and adjust accordingly as you get better. This gives you more value for money since you don’t have to buy a replacement skateboard once you get better at it.
Also worth noting is that this skateboard has riser pads which allow for better carving while also reducing the vibrations you feel. This guarantees a smooth and laid-back feel.
Additionally, the Skitch Complete Skateboard only weighs around 4 pounds. This makes it easy for you to carry it around in your backpack.
● The fact that the Skitch Complete Skateboard is fully customizable is the biggest win.
● It offers great value for money since it’s durable and is meant to adjust to your needs as you improve your skating skills.
● The weight limit is set at 200 pounds.
Meketek Retro Skateboard for Kids
If you’re looking for a sturdy mini cruiser for your young ones, the Meketek Retro Skateboard is your best bet.
This skateboard is made of high-quality polypropylene material that’s safe for your kids to use. It has a weight limit of 200 pounds, and that’s strong enough to carry adults who would want to teach their kids how to ride a skateboard.
The board has an anti-slip finish that’s guaranteed to keep children well on the board and help keep them balanced. This is usually better than grip tapes since it doesn’t wear out easily.
To guarantee your kid’s smooth sailing, it comes with polyurethane wheels that can be used in all terrains. It also has ABEC-7 bearings which offer just the right amount of speed for beginners.
My favorite thing about this skateboard is that it comes in a variety of colors and prints that you can choose from. You can go for solid pastels or vibrant neons – or you can even choose ones with eye-catching prints ranging from minimalist to vintage. Whatever your child’s taste is, I’m confident that he’ll be able to find a design that he will love.
● This skateboard has one of the most extensive design options to choose from.
● The ABEC-7 bearings coupled with a 3.25-inch truck make it suitable for younger beginners.
● It is really affordable.
● Because the deck is made of plastic, it can only withstand a maximum weight of 200 pounds – although this is not a big issue since it caters mostly for children.
Rimable Complete Skateboard
Finishing-off our top 15 list of the best beginner skateboards is the Rimable Complete Skateboard
Being a 22-inch skateboard with a width of 6 inches, this is one of the best for children 10 years old and below. It is made of a lightweight plastic material that has an anti-slip finish to help your child control the board. But despite being lightweight, it can support a weight of up to 198 pounds, so you don’t have to worry about your child to ever outgrow it.
It uses 3-inch aluminum trucks coupled with smooth polyurethane wheels to give your child a smooth riding experience with shock absorption properties. Although it claims to have high-speed bearings, I would say that it only uses ABEC-5 bearings which are on the slow side. However, this gives you the peace of mind that your child is cruising at a safe pace.
The Rimable Complete Skateboard comes in different prints with varying colors, so both boys and girls will have options to choose from. It’s also really affordable so you don’t have to worry about breaking the bank for it.
● It is one of the cheapest skateboards for children.
● The attractive designs are sure to give kids a more fun time.
● Its small dimensions and 4-pound weight makes it very portable.
● The plastic material used for the board is not very durable.
How to Choose the Best Skateboard for Beginners
Now that you’re familiar with some of the best skateboards in the industry, I’m sure you want to know more about the specific parts and features of a skateboard. This will help you determine the features you need and the extras you can do away with so that you can ultimately reach your decision.
We begin by discussing the deck type, otherwise known as the size of the deck. There are three general deck classifications: the mini skateboards, the full-size skateboards, and the longboards.
From its name, you can easily tell that the 22-inch skateboards that you often see are the mini skateboards. Being lighter than the other two types, this makes it easier to control. This makes it the best skateboard for learning new tricks. It’s also the best deck type for children since it’s easier for them to maneuver.
Full-length boards, on the other hand, are generally 31 inches long. Since it is bigger than its mini variant, it can support heavier loads, so adult skateboarders wouldn’t have a problem with this type. This works best for more experienced users, but those with slower speeds make great beginner skateboards.
And finally, longboards refer to any skateboard that’s over 32 inches long. Among the three types, this provides you with the best speed, so this can be a great alternative to riding a car to get to school or for running errands.
The material used for the deck will also affect the feel of the skateboard. This also has something to do with how durable the deck can be. Most decks are made of either maple wood, bamboo, a combination of maple and bamboo, or plastic.
Most skateboards are made of maple wood, and this offers the best durability. However, this tends to be heavier than other materials, and that makes it harder for kids to control.
Bamboo skateboards are the lightweight alternative to maple wood boards. It’s also the most environment-friendly of all the materials. Unfortunately, bamboo decks can be quite expensive.
Decks made of a combination of bamboo and maple get the durability of maple with the lightweight quality of bamboo. They’re also fairly priced, so I personally prefer boards made of this material.
Plastic decks are made of premium polypropylene material that’s lightweight and easy to mold into different shapes. This allows it to have an anti-slip face without the need for grip tape. However, plastic decks are usually less durable than those made with wood-based materials.
Another important consideration is the truck profile. This will depend on what you want to do with your skateboard since the different profiles serve different purposes.
The best truck profile for absolute beginners is the low profile trucks. These are meant for smaller wheels to provide you with better balance and control.
On the other hand, middle profile trucks are the most commonly used for full-size skateboards. This gives the user better control compared to low profile trucks. This is also suitable for adults who are beginning how to ride the skateboard since they already have a better sense of balance.
And finally, high profile trucks are meant for bigger wheels. They’re best for experienced skateboarders since it provides them with the best control. These trucks keep the wheels away from the deck, so performing tricks won’t be a problem.
Read also: Skateboard wheels for rough surfaces
The final consideration that you should look into is the bearings. This will determine the speed by which your skateboard will go. These are rated from ABEC-1 to ABEC-9 with the former being the slowest and the latter being the fastest.
As a rule of thumb, children should go for skateboards with bearings with a rating of ABEC-5. Any rating lower than that is usually of poor quality, and you don’t want your child to be playing with a skateboard with bearings that could give in any minute.
On the other hand, older beginners would do fine with ABEC-7 bearings. More experienced players are more comfortable with ABEC-9 bearings, but this may be too fast for beginners.
Video Tutorial: Choosing First Skateboard
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve also gathered and answered some of the most frequently asked questions about the best skateboard for beginners. I hope this serves as an additional source of information to help you narrow down your search.
What is the ideal skateboard length for beginners?
The ideal skateboard length for beginners generally depends on the learner’s age.
For children younger than 10 years old, a skateboard that’s 22 to 27 inches long would already suffice. For bigger kids, teenagers, and adult beginners, it is advised to go for skateboards with lengths ranging from 30 to 32 inches.
However, in case you want to practice on longboards, the ideal length for beginners would range between 41 to 44 inches.
How much are skateboards for beginners?
The price of decent skateboards generally ranges from 60 dollars to over 400 dollars.
However, some manufacturers take note of the different needs of beginners so they can produce decent skateboards for less than 50 dollars. These skateboards are already made with sturdy material and can run at speeds that are suitable for beginners.
Most skateboards for children aged 10 years old and below are also available for just a little over 30 dollars.
What is the Top Skateboard Brand?
I’d be honest and say that this is a really tough question. I can’t pinpoint just one brand, because there are a lot of brands which manufacture amazing skateboards – it all depends on your riding preference and what you’re using it for.
So as a guide, I would say that here are some of the cool skate brands out there:
● Merkapa, Punisher, Krown Rookie, and Quest make skateboards with great control.
● Minority and Quest skateboards are known for offering the best laid-back riding experience.
● Powell Golden Dragon skateboards are great for learning tricks on.
● SkateXS and Skitch are the best brands for kid-friendly skateboards.
For more details, here is the article for good skateboard brands
How To Improve at Skateboarding?
As a beginner skateboarder, you are always looking for ways to improve at it. Firstly, you need to stay motivated all the time. Read a few skateboarding books for the motivation, practice regularly in the right way and follow the professionals. You can also read some articles (including this) and watch videos to getting better at this fun ride.
How To Be Protected From Injury?
As a beginner skateboarder, you need to be careful about any possible injury. First, learn how to fall off and stop. Most importantly, don’t start rolling without having proper protective gears like wrist guards, knee pads, and a good helmet.
The best skateboards for beginners are the ones that work best for their needs – there is no one-size-fits-all gauge for it.
To help you determine the best skateboard for you, you have to consider several factors like what it’s made of, the shape of the board, the size of the truck, the material used for the wheels, and the speed of the bearings, among other things.
And most importantly, you have to consider the safety tests it had to undergo to make sure that your skateboard learning experience won’t result in untoward accidents. This is especially true if you’re teaching your little one how to ride a skateboard.
Once you’ve determined the specific features that you want, you can always look back on this guide to help you ultimately pick out the best beginner skateboard for you.
Learn more about skateboarding, love and start rolling!